Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 0.5: Flying to London and Time Travel


Using an airplane to time travel is always fun. Today we will travel five hours forward in time. 








I got a seat in Business Class! This is one of the seats that lays down to let you sleep your way across an ocean. It was awesome! 












We even got a bag of goodies in a zippered case. Toothbrush, dental floss pick and toothpaste, eye mask, socks, pen, shoe horn, shoe polish, and a wee packet of kleenex.













My gosh, but they feed you a lot in Business Class! I had a mimosa when we boarded. We got a 3-shrimp appetizer (starter), followed by soup and salad, followed by the main course (I had beef, mashed potatoes, and extremely dead broccoli, which I didn't touch), followed by dessert (I picked the tiny Creme brûlée, minus being set on fire, which was the perfect size). I was beyond stuffed. It's hard to say no when they keep feeding you! 


I watched the move "Only Lovers Left Alive" while I dined. It was different, but not as bad as the reviews made it seem. I think people were expecting Tom Hiddleston to be Loki again, but he's an actor, and this was a completely different role. The plot moved glacially slow, which is probably why people hated it, but I think the pace was well-suited to the story. These vampires had all the time in the world to do as they pleased. The bit with the blood Popsicles was weird, though.


Once the movie was done, I reclined the chair to a comfy position, and proceeded to drift off to sleep. I did turn a couple of times until I found a comfortable position to sleep in, and dealt with my unhappy innards (from all the food).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, and will appear after a small delay.