Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Micro Fiction Monday: The Visit

I lie in bed on my right side, under the covers, halfway between awake and asleep. I feel the bedcovers lift behind me as he slides quietly into bed, pressing his chest to my back, our naked bodies spooning. I feel his hands brush the hair from my neck, his lips softly touching my left shoulder as he kisses it. I feel his warm skin touching mine down the length of my body, and my heart races. I hear him whisper “I love you” in my ear, and I giggle slightly as his breath tickles my ear.

I awake with a start, heart still racing, skin still tingling. I am alone in my bed, as always. As I drift back to sleep, I wonder who paid me a visit in my dreams.



Story written on 15 April 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, and will appear after a small delay.