Monday, February 18, 2013

The Alternate Dimensions of the Orlando Airport Parking Garage

Today, finding my car in the Orlando Airport parking garage was a bit of a challenge.

When I left on Thursday, I parked on the first floor in row G. Easy enough to remember.

I returned from Los Angeles today, and, after retrieving my luggage, set out to find my car in the parking garage. An escalator, elevator, walk-thru tunnel, and finally another elevator later, I emerged on the first floor of the parking garage. Only, this wasn't the floor that I parked on. I know that I parked on the first floor, but this first floor was full of rental car agencies. I know I did not walk past rental car agencies when I left last week.

So, back into the elevator I go. This time I go up to the second floor, thinking perhaps the buttons are somehow mis-numbered. No rental cars here, so the floor looks right, but it's the second floor and not the first and my car was not there.

I hauled my luggage back to the elevator, and back down to the first floor. This time, when the doors opened onto the first floor of the parking garage, it was the correct first floor, and I found my car!

My first attempt at finding the first floor of the parking garage failed due to its having been temporarily relocated to an alternate dimension. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, and will appear after a small delay.